Thursday, September 2, 2010

San Ramon Makes My Rainy Day

Preferring to make the hour trip to San Ramon yesterday rather than risk getting stuck in Alajuela for two days, I arrived here about midday and checked into the great value Hotel La Posada which has fantastic hot showers, big screen TVs, and a humongous breakfast fit for a Yankee stomach.
 
Almost immediately after I settled in it began to rain cats & dogs, and it has only intermittently let up since then.  A daytrip today up to the summit of Poas volcano unfortunately wasn't in the cards.

This morning many of the businesses downtown were hit by an electricity outage so I had to wait some time to log online and look into checking in for my flight tomorrow.

Originally my plan was to go today to Alajuela, just a half hour away, so I can be just a short cab ride from the airport tomorrow morning, but I learned that the first buses from here depart at 5.15 and 6.15--both early enough to get me to the airport in time.

Since the Posada offers a much more attractive sleeping option than anything I'm aware of in Alajuela, this last minute change of plans seems that much more attractive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment