Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mexican Computers Rather Frustrating

I'm back in Mexico nearly a week but haven't posted til now because of typical frustrations with Mexican keyboards and cybercafe computers.

There's also the not insignificant problem that Google has completely redesigned the ¨dashboard¨ of Blogspot, and I find it extremely difficult to navigate my way around.

I guess this settles it:  I'm going to have to get my own laptop!  I can't afford to spend hours relearning to blog on strange machines everywhere I go.

I arrived in Veracruz yesterday following a five hour first class bus trip from the capital.  Located on the Gulf of Mexico about halfway from Mexico City to destinations in the Yucatan, the climate here is hot and humid--a bit of a shock to my system following several temperate days and nights at Mexico City's altitude.

So I'm well on my way to the peninsula but already am leery of the idea of Cancun, where it's likely to be just as hot & humid as here.  I already miss the cooler mountain air.

I'll stay here another day at least to get my bearings and figure it out:  should I continue east where it will be just as muggy as here but where there are also ancient Mayan ruins to check out?

Or should I re-think this journey?  Maybe with an eye on points further south, perhaps to Chiapas state and northern Guatemala?

I'll keep you posted!



1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to reading about your travels. Are you traveling alone? We are on day 7 of our trip and leave for Oshkosh tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete