Friday, August 24, 2012

Oaxaca from Lonely Planet

I left beautiful San Cristobal on Tuesday and pulled an all night bus to Oaxaca town in the neighboring state of the same name.

With Mexico City now only five hours away by bus, I am near the completion of the loop I started a couple weeks ago when I made my way to Palenque via Veracruz and Villahermosa.

My first impressions here are that while Oaxaca is a nice town, by comparison to San Cristobal it's a bit expensive for lodging.  I'm paying 400 pesos here for something I could get in San Cristobal for less than 200.

And while San Cristobal had dozens of low cost laundry services available, here I've been unable to find any service but dry cleaning!  A minor annoyance perhaps, but clean clothes would be nice. . .

Check out the Lonely Planet's take below:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mexico/oaxaca-state/oaxaca

No comments:

Post a Comment