Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Los Escalvos Stone Bridge in Cuilapa

Just a couple miles south of the town of Cuilapa is the resort hotel Turiscentro Los Esclavos where I stayed for a few days in August 2008. For $25 per night you get a first class class room next to a swimming pool and an excellent restaurant featuring typical Guatemalan food for very reasonable prices. If I decide to bite the bullet and begin my journey south to El Salvador, Honduras & Nicaragua, then Cuilapa would be a great place to stop for some ease, luxury & comfort before I hit the harder road ahead.

Cuilapa doesn´t have very much to offer apart from the surrounding natural beauty of the mountains and Los Escalvos River valley. Just nearby is a 16th century stone bridge, remarkably preserved, over that river which is named for The Slaves.

I´ve posted a random link to the Los Esclavos bridge on the upper right hand side of this page. Check it out. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment