Saturday, June 19, 2010

Costa Rica and Tortuguero Leg Postponed Until August

Many of us can't resist a sale at our favorite store or at the mall.  Americans are addicted to "getting a great deal" on something, whether it's designer labels and shoes or weekly specials at the supermarket.

That's how I am when I see a great deal on an airfare;  I feel almost as if I have to book the flight or lose out on it forever.

So as I passed the halfway mark of my trip yesterday (at about Day 26) and was finalizing plans for the remainder of my journey, I received a "special" offer from Travel Zoo (I'm on their mailing list) for Costa Rica flights starting at just over $200 round trip from Chicago.  I immediately booked myself a flight to San Jose for the week after I complete my summer lessons schedule but before the new school year starts.

Thus I will postpone Costa Rica til the end of August and use the week or so I will have at that time to visit Tortuguero.

I like this new plan for a lot of reasons, now mainly because I don't have to travel much further south but instead can begin to return to Guatemala via Honduras and/or El Salvador.  This also gives me more time to revisit the massive ruins site in Copan, Honduras--an amazing place which I visited in 2008 when I didn't have a camera.

This also gives me plenty of time to go to the Guatemalan market town of Chichicastenango where my aunt's church has its "sister" church.

No comments:

Post a Comment