Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grilled Meat--Made for Wisconsinites!

I tell people I´m from Wisconsin--often they know someone who lives in Milwaukee or someplace else in the dairy state. And so I tell them that Wisconsin people like to eat grilled meat, which they do very well here.

Last night I had an excellent meal of grilled beef & sausage with the usual staples: refried beans, tomatos, cheese, avocado & tortillas. The tortillas they make here are smaller but thicker than what you find in Mexico or Guatemala--just two of them were enough with all the other grub that came with it.

They love their fried breakfasts here, too--eggs many styles and all the extras that go with it. But maybe my favorite meal is the big lunch (the main meal in these parts), usually featuring soup and choice of meat with rice, beans, salad, juice or coffee (and sometimes dessert). Expect to pay $4 to $6 for a great feed in this part of the world! Yum. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment