Monday, June 21, 2010

Projected Itinerary Beyond Perquin

Following Perquin I may re-enter Honduras and travel by back roads to re-visit the Mayan ruins at Copan.  This is worth another look for me because this time I will be able to take photos, unlike when I made the journey there in August 2008.  Alternatively, I can reach Copan by traveling to the El Salvador/Guatemala border near Esquipulas then cross to Honduras from there.

At that point I anticipate traveling by microbus from Copan to La Antigua de Guatemala, a six hour trip which is the reverse of the one I did in 2008.  From Antigua I can make connections to Chichicastenango and other towns further northwest.

That will pretty much wrap things up for me for this round of Central American travel.  As of today I have just over three weeks to catch my flight back to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment